Writings

Tuesday 2 July 2013

CONDITIONALS

without a doubt I know what love isn't
but then again I wonder what it could be
is it the painted meadow we see on the tube?
or the nightmarish stories told by the jilted?
frankly my untamed naivety wishes love were everything.
if love were a science,
you'd be Einstein calculating E = my heart x C square
if love were food,
you'd be one arrogant Italian whipping up culinary masterpieces tempting my fickle will
if love were a subject,
you'd be physical education, working me all day and night
if love were a car,
you'd be a German engine cocooned in an Asian exterior but bully like an American
my alter ego seeks to reason with my naive self but then I still wonder:
if love were a season,
I'd be summer time drawing sweat from every curve and crevice
if love were music,
I'd rock you like MJ, teach you like Marley and conquer your ecstasy like Jay
if love were a sport,
I'd be Kobe, Tiger and Messi all rolled in one and still be reffing the game
if love were poetry,
I'd be the words making you bite your lip and press your thighs closer together
and if love really was everything,
I'd still be the one looking into your angelic eyes,
nervously asking you to be mine forever and ever
till eternity lends a helping hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment